Calendar of EventsA place of hope and hospitality for the world.
We offer these resources (scroll down) as opportunities to connect with God, communities and each other during this time of transition. We will continue to build this resource list.
THE MONASTERY is still TEMPORARILY CLOSED for ministries, retreats and to the public until December 31, 2020.
We will re-evaluate the situation at that time
and keep you informed of changes.
The Sisters of Benet Hill Monastery are committed to providing a place of hope and hospitality, as well as a safe and healthy environment for everyone. We continue to re-evaluate the situation and will keep you informed of changes.
As always, we continue to pray for you and ask for your prayers during this uncertain time. Please send any special prayer intentions to firstname.lastname@example.org, knowing that we pray three times a day for your concerns.
Please join the sisters in hourly “Prayer for the World” by choosing a time that works for you.
6 AM Sisters Deb and Rose Ann
7 AM Sister Mary John
8 AM Sisters Therese and Jan
9 AM Sister Anne Madeleine
10 AM Sister Susan
11 AM Sister Anne Stedman
Noon Sister Clare
1 PM Sisters Marilyn and Lucy
2 PM Sisters Mary and Ana
3 PM Sisters Naomi and Evangeline
4 PM Sister Mary Jane
5 PM Sister Helen
6 PM Sisters Evangeline and Mary Colleen
7 PM Sister Margaret
May we all remember the unconditional love of our God.
Blessings and Peace,
Sister Clare Carr, Prioress
Important Note: In order to communicate with the Monastery most effectively at this time, please like us on Facebook .
Also, please make sure that we have your current email by contacting email@example.com
List of Resources
Apps for Prayer
Centering Prayer by Contemplative Outreach Ltd. This is an app for Centering Prayer. It has timers and a number of nice features.
Concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 virus have left many parishes with the difficult decision to suspend liturgies. To support our community’s prayer, Give Us This Day has made available at no charge a digital file of our periodical, which includes daily Mass texts.
Visit https://hubs.ly/H0nyGcv0 and select “Digital” in the upper right of the screen. While it is not a replacement for community worship, we hope this resource will support you during this challenging time. Please share this resource with friends and family.” -Liturgical Press
- Lectio Divina for Millennials
- Something to make you smile-Video
- Food and Grocery Safety Tips
- “It is Well with My Soul”. A group of Nashville studio singers perform an epic cell phone choir.
- Excerpt: Wouldn’t Take Nothing for My Journey Now by Maya Angelou
- “Pandemic” by Lynn Ungar
- Prayer During a Pandemic by Sister Chris Koellhoffer, IHM
- Harvard Business Review: That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief (March 23, 2020)
- Article from LCWR: A Call to Spiritual Bonding: LCWR Responds to the Global Health Crisis
- The Irish Times: Sr. Stan: Out of Disaster and Despair, Good Can Emerge
- New York Times: We Should All Be More Like the Nuns of 1918 (March 20, 2020)
- Crux: Care for retired religious takes special emphasis amid pandemic (March 18, 2020)
- FAITH Catholic: Special Report – COVID-19 (March 18, 2020)
- Spiritual Reflections: Virus, other health worries have spiritual dimension.(March 4, 2020)
Connecting with Family and Friends
Use Marco Polo app on your phone to connect with others to make “text videos”-